By: Alex Ellis, VFA Co-President and Founding Partner Several years ago, Adam and Melissa Murray had an experience with God that had a lasting impact on them and their kids. They were a young m…[Read More]
Would you rather have investment performance or a solid moral screen in your account? The good news is, we have developed a way that addresses both for you.
Wouldn’t you like to have a money manager recognized by The Wall Street Journal* picking stocks in your account? At the same time, you can align your investments with your Christian values. We want you to experience what our clients experience.
We work with the following types of accounts:
- Rollover of 401(k), 403(b), and other company sponsored plans
- Roth IRA
- Traditional IRA
- And other account types.
Our process has two main components: (1) moral screening and (2) investment analysis.
1. MORAL SCREENING
What are some negatives that we seek to reduce or avoid in client portfolios?
- Embryonic stem cell research
- Environmental abuse
What are some positives that we seek to include in client portfolios?
- Life-enhancing products/services
- Support for Christian ministries
- Strong fiscal policies
- Servant leadership
- Support of family
- Mission/Vision/Values driven
- Continuous improvement
- Giving and service in the community
- Good customer relations
- Good employee relations
- Positive corporate culture
- Awards and recognition
2. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS AND MANAGEMENT
As our client, you will have access to a variety of asset allocations, diversified portfolios, strategic rebalancing, and a partner in Values First. We have a long-term investment approach and continuously monitor macro-economic factors on your behalf.
We help our clients:
- Prioritize their goals and objectives and set a path to reach them
- Find an appropriate asset allocation
- Implement diversified portfolios
- Monitor and adjust individual holdings as needed
- Rebalance strategically
We generally look for companies that have achieved, or have the potential to achieve, some or all of the following characteristics:
- Great growth prospect
- Strong market positions
- Management that exhibits character and competency
- Consistent, positive cash flow
- Strong balance sheets
- Achievement of solid profit margins and profitability
We can help you pursue your financial goals while staying true to your values. Get started today by scheduling your consultation today.
*At Values First, our founding partners have developed and continue to develop industry relationships to enhance the experience, range and depth of our services for our clients. These relationships include a select group of sub-advisers, one of whom is Eventide Asset Management, LLC, an investment advisor who manages separate mutual funds that have received national recognition on multiple occasions.